In the wake of Hurricane Dorian and the devastation it has left in the Abaco Islands and Bahamas, North American Properties, through its philanthropic arm NAPCares, is committed to filling a 26-foot truck with much-needed supplies to send to the Bahamas. Over the next two weeks, 10 special events at Avalon and Colony Square will be dedicated to supporting hurricane recovery efforts.
Guests are invited to bring specific items to donate to the relief efforts or make a monetary donation by clicking here. Please note, no donation is too small and everything makes a difference! If you would like to bring an item(s) not listed below, we will gladly accept it. You are welcome to drop off items in bins throughout the week (9am-6pm) at the following locations:
- Building 100 Entrance by Starbucks
- Building 100 C-Level by elevators
- Building 400 Main Lobby by elevators
- Property Management Office (Bldg 100, 7th Floor, Suite 780)
Below is an updated event schedule and lists of needs to donate:
- Ongoing until Tuesday, September 24th - we will accept donations dropped off in bins at Bldgs 100 + 400 and monetary donations (see above)
- Yoga On The Square Wednesday, September 18th. Bins will be located at check-in, in addition to details for making a monetary donation.
List of suggested items to donate at each event:
Yoga | Comfort & Care:
- First aid kits
- Feminine hygiene products
- Bug spray
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Cleaning supplies
Groovin' In The Grove Nights | Recovery Necessities:
- Gas containers
- Trash bags
- Tool kits
- Power cords
- Work gloves
- Rolls of sheeting
- Sleeping bags
- Water purification tablets
- Staple guns and staples
- Baby formula
- Toilet paper
At all events, we're encouraging guests to bring canned and non-perishable foods.
LASTLY, we're encouraging you to share your experiences at our events on Instagram. Tag your grams with #NAPCaresDorian and for every gram, NAPCares will donate $1 towards hurricane relief.
We hope you join us to be #BahamasStrong and let's support and restore paradise! For additional questions, please contact email@example.com